We offer businesses advice and assistance when they are:
- Selling a freehold property
- Buying a freehold property
- Granting a commercial lease
- Acquiring a commercial lease
- Negotiating a new lease
- Taking an assignment of an existing lease
- Granting or acquiring an option over property
- Mortgaging their freehold or leasehold premises
- Advising in respect of a property joint venture
Commercial Property news
The Government has issued new guidance for sales and purchases of property to enable these to go ahead in line with social distancing requirements. The new guidance can be accessed on the Government website....
On 6th April 2020 the rules on submission of capital gains tax returns for residential property changed and UK residents who are individuals, trustees or personal representatives will be affected. Exemptions to reporting requirements include inter-spouse transfers. A...
Stamp Duty Land Tax (“SDLT”) is normally paid on any purchase of residential property valued over £125,000. If the new property being purchased is a second property, then SDLT is paid on the whole value at an enhanced rate. First Time Buyer’s Relief (“FTBR”) is...